Monday, January 25, 2010

Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay


It's one of the first places I went when I first visited Hawaii before I moved there.  This is your best chance to see a lot of fish in one place.  Since it's April, it is likely that it will not be as crowded as gets during the summer vacation months.

Key details:  $1 for parking per vehicle (probably includes mopeds), $7.50/person entrance fee to the park, and then $15-$20 to rent snorkeling gear from the hut on the beach.  Get their early, the parking lot fills up and makes it a pain to get down there otherwise.  It's 10 miles from the hotels in Waikiki and easy to find (directions are simple).  It's a lot further from Turtle Bay on the North Shore but everyone staying there knows that and would probably head on over to Shark's Cove anyway (which I'll write about later).

Here's more detailed information about hours, directions and anything else you may want to know.  A waterproof camera would be great here.

No comments:

Post a Comment